*****This event has been postponed. It will be rescheduled for a future date*****
May 17, 2020
Full-Time Exempt position
Position available August 1, 2020
Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (SSIHM) is a congregation of religious women headquartered in Monroe, Michigan. The Motherhouse is home to over 100 IHM Sisters and others who reside in our long-term care facility and independent living areas. We are looking for a dynamic and qualified Music Minister to share our values and mission.
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the liturgical prayer life on the IHM SLC campus in collaboration with the liturgical team to include celebrations of the Eucharist, IHM community feasts, the IHM Jubilee liturgy, liturgical celebration of the Rites of Religious Formation and IHM Associate Commitment, funerals, special prayer services and feasts of the annual liturgical calendar.
- Serves as the primary musician at IHM SLC campus liturgies;
- Reviews, plans and prepares music appropriate to liturgical seasons and celebrations, under the direction of the liturgical ministries’ coordinator and in collaboration with the sacramental minister;
- Serves as the choir and handbell director;
- Communicates effectively and provides the necessary formation, direction and training for all music ministers (choir, cantors, handbell choir, instrumentalists, etc.) and actively recruits, schedules and rehearses with them;
- Maintains appropriate copyrights for music usage, maintaining needed records and renewals;
- Implements the “IHM Inclusive Language Policy” and the document “Envisioning Liturgy in the IHM Community;”
- Degree in music is preferred; a bachelor’s degree in appropriate field is required.
- Recent training and current education in liturgical music
- A working knowledge of the Liturgical Documents of Vatican II, the Rites of the Roman Catholic Church and contemporary resources in worship and ritual practice
- A willingness to continue professional education through workshops, seminars., etc. to keep abreast of changes in the area of liturgical ministry
- Demonstrated liturgical music experience
- Strong understanding of the Roman Catholic religion and faith traditions;
- Proficiency in keyboard accompaniment, vocal performance, choral direction and handbell ensemble direction
- Ability to lead sung prayer and serve the community through the ministry of music
IHM Sisters supports workforce diversity